Michaël Bloos (1988) is an international operating Amsterdam based actor and director.
He developed himself, apart from a stage and film actor, into a ‘Creator’. Being the producer of different kinds of artistic productions. As a creator fascinated about the constructs of reality he likes to dive deep into a subject, to try to grasp our time and generation, to use momentum and share his insides and outcomes in film, theatre, performances in public space and podcasts.
He is doing this not only in his own country the Netherlands but in projects from Iran to South Korea, from Australia to Saudi Arabia, from Sweden to Mexico
Recent projects include:
-Currently he is the artistic director of Universe Of Madness. Working together with international art institutes, museums, theatres, film- and podcast studios he’ll try to make sense of losing one’s senses.
-‘Reconsider your image of me’ made in Tehran, together with an international group of actors and the Iranian director Arvand Dashtaray, a performance about image building, what sort of images do we have of ‘the east’ from a western perspective, and visa versa.
– Citizan Artis Incubator. One intensive and transformative month that prepares 15 of Europe’s most promising performing artists for their vital role in shaping our rapidly changing world.
– ‘How to Manage’ a performance created with director Mirjam Koen at OT Theatre about managing structures in big companies.
– ‘Een dag in t Jaar’, a poetic and conceptual international price winning feature film.
– Performances in public space in the ‘dangerous’ suburbs of Amsterdam, De Kolenkitbuurt, in collaboration with Cascoland.
– The manager of 40 professional artists and 600 workshop participants at Stichting Buitenkunst, a place where artist and art-lovers meet.